The second piece of brilliance(literally) is the floodlighting at night. All the FOBs practice what we call "light discipline" which means that we stumble around in the dark and bust our shins on stacks of cots. The dark FOBs have significantly fewer incidents of mortar and rocket attacks and of the few rocket attacks there is a significantly lower percentage of hits.
If you look very closely in this photo, you might be able to see a conspicuous lack of human beings. Even in Kandahar, there are very few lunatics who are up and working at 4:30. That is the price of running a shop round the clock. Whew, just thinking about running around anything is making me tired.
The limo that didn't take you to senior prom. When you hear conspiracy theorists talking about the fabled "black helicopters", this is what they mean. I am going to try to sell the idea of a "blackhawk" ride to Six Flags. It will go 130mph, twenty feet above the terrain. The ride will be equiped with the latest, state-of-the-art barfbag technology.
Hey dad, good luck with the new business undertaking. If things go sour you can always look into some "alternative" retirement locations. Seriously though, this is where the Canadians live. Location, location, location. These charming, bohemian villas are located within walking distance to the fabled first street eatery known as "the chow hall" to the locals and in addition these bungalos are in the best school district in town.
Admittedly I was fibbing about the school district bit. In reality the schools here suck. Metal detectors, gangs and meatloaf thursdays. But if I tell anyone about the meatloaf, I am sure to miss out on the sale. Did I mention, its a "gated" comunity?

1 comment:
Bert, I cant wait for you to come home, missing you, Your Sister T
Post a Comment