So there are so many useless things to do here in Kuwait. This place is a just a money pit where commanders can prove how much more combat ready their units are to each other. This whole place is just a repeat of the last two years of training, stuffed into two weeks. It is like cramming before an exam; good idea in concept, but if you aren't ready by now we can only wish you luck. I volunteered for the 'advanced' medic training but just like I figured, you can't get too advanced in just four hours time.
I try to avoid the leaders here because they seem to spend most of their time stressing each other out. I have maintained my humor thus far and have even found time to keep working on my college courses. I think that I will get to 'unwind' in a way once I get to Iraq because it will be my home for a year. I am sick of living out of a bag on a tiny cot. I am ready for a footlocker and a tiny bed.
I appreciate the support that you all give, you are very responsive. It is nice to hear from you Sam.
If any of you want to send anything to me, you will have to wait until I get to Iraq and can collect mail. I'd prefer to get photos over anything else, they are easy and cheap to mail and they mean the most to me. So everybody please send me some pictures or even maybe some home movies on CD/DVD if you want to go crazy.
I am going to reunite with my camera in about two weeks time hopefully. At that point you can bet that I am going to start posting the best damn photos you could hope for(and some that I take too, haha).
Later peeps
-Bert

2 comments:
Maintaining humor. That's a good thing! It would be really easy if you had access to all the political hoopla. It just gets funnier everyday. I hope you get to log onto some of the Comedy Channel humorists for some laughs. Tuesday is fast approaching - THANK GOODNESS!
Anyway, enough about the news - endlessly, repetitively, humorously, and indecisively smug.
Glad you're able to do some homework. Do many others there have laptops? Or maybe your laptop is packed with your camera and you're using a community computer.
Hope the food, at least, is good. Anyway, by now you're probably already in Iraq, since I didn't get to writing this very promptly after your post.
Please post your mailing address here so people can send you photos if they can.
It's a gorgeous Sunday afternoon here in sunny sans-leaves Minnesota. Got all the doors and windows open to let a little outdoors in.
I know you're not fond of talking about the weather, but it is a link to how you are. When you say it is hot where you are, then I have empathy for what you are feeling (hot) which in turn makes me feel closer to you. Just like I hope you can see me sitting at the kitchen table with the back door wide open right now - thinking about you.
Miss you, Bert. Stay safe.
hugs, Mom
Here's Bert's address:
Bert Anderson
B Company, 2-10th AVN
CoB Speicher, IRAQ
APO, AE 09393
Post a Comment