So I am going to spend tonight and tomorrow night packing up all of my stuff. I am going to move out of my container and into a tent. All my stuff is going into another container that will be shipped back to the states. I probably won't see any of it until early next summer. I will be living out of my rucksack and sleepingbag for the next two weeks. It is fine by me because that means I am that much closer to going back to NY. As of now I am scheduled to leave here on the first of Feb.
I have been taking some great photos and will post some of them soon. I have been excercising on a regular basis again. I am back down to six-and-a-half minute miles. That is the best that I have been able to run. That is even in the dark at 4AM on gravel and at elevation. I think that I am going to change from trying to run fast to trying to run far. I would like to attempt a marathon in the next year or two(if anyone is interested in joining me).
I have several hours of video footage that I expect to splice into a semi-coherent disc for all of you once I get back. If any of you have photos or video of the family or of events from the past year or so, please email them or send me a disc with the data on it. Don't be afraid to send too much.
Can't wait for the twins!!
Laters Gators,
-Bert

1 comment:
While two weeks in a tent doesn't sound appealing to me personally, I share your enthusiasm about being closer to coming home. We have missed your online chats but always go on the assumption that no news is good news. We all look forward to seeing your videos and photos. AND YOUR SMILING FACE - VERY SOON! Stay safe!
Hugs, Mom
Post a Comment