I am here at Tarin Kowt. It is actually better out here than it is at Kandahar. I am going to try to stay here as much of the remaining time as possible. I haven't been avoiding any of you but I didn't reactivate my internet in my hooch at kandahar because I wasn't going to be there very long. I won't be on AIM for several weeks but I am checking my email reasonably frequently.
It has been a crazy couple of days recently. Tarin Kowt is much older than Qalat and I have a room in a concrete building that is pre-war. There are many local nationals here as well. This FOB isn't an infantry FOB but rather an American Special Forces one. That means that the residents are fewer in number but are typically older, much wiser, better educated and easier to get along with.
I have been reading alot of Science Fiction recently. I have renewed my enthusiasm for it. I have been reading pretty much only non-fiction for the past six months or so.
I have to run get back to work, but I will catch you all later.
-Bert

1 comment:
So good to hear from you! Glad you're at a better place. A concrete bldg must be a lot cooler. I tried to find Tarin Kowt on Google Earth but it doesn't find it. Is that the correct spelling or is it too small? What's the nearest larger town? Anyway, have a good time with the older dudes. Let us know if you need anything. Hugs, Mom
Post a Comment