On the plane on the way back, I sat next to a woman who had spent 3 weeks touring Denmark where her great-grandparents had come from. She didn't know anyone there and had no clue if she had relatives there or not but she was thrilled nonetheless to have visited the land of her forefathers. It struck me how lucky I am to know and have so many warm and welcoming relatives!
For me, 'home' has special meaning - it's where I feel 'at home' - where Bill and I live, at the cabin, where my Canadian relatives live, where my father grew up in Sweden, and where my mother's relatives live in Norway.
THANK YOU, EVERYONE, FOR MAKING THIS SUCH A WONDERFUL TRIP AND FOR MAKING US FEEL AT HOME!
This photo was taken in front of my father's childhood home in Hogen, Halsingland, Sweden. I first visited it when I was 8.Ha' det! Hej da!
Karen

1 comment:
I've been to Morf's childhood home 2x's. Man those guys sure do know their up keep. That place looks younger and younger.-T
Post a Comment