I got promoted today. I have now achieved the illustrious rank of "space cowboy". I will be getting "specialist" pay and be wearing specialist insignia though. In case you are going to flood the mailroom with congradulations cards, it is SPC Anderson instead of PFC Anderson. I know sarcasm doesn't come through text with the same bite as in real life, but I hope you know what I mean when I say that is a HUGE difference. Well, congradulations me. Good job on staying above ground long enough to get an automatic raise. If only every job gave you more money without judging your proficiency and productivity.
What is most amazing, is the army is giving me more money and I still think it is an occasion to complain.
Later Gators.

1 comment:
Congratulations, albeit tardy and not for what you'd prefer! It is heartfelt nonetheless!
You deserve every penny of raise and every word of commendation!
But then, being your mom, I would think that! :)
You're terrific!
Hugs, Mom
Post a Comment