Greetings! We're back!
We are finally feeling like our feet are back on the ground. What a wonderful whirlwind trip through
Sweden,
Norway (and a small piece of
Iceland)! First, a big hug and thanks to everyone we visited. And, we're sorry to have missed some people we would have loved to see. Next time, I promise! How lucky I am to have such a great big wonderful family! Bill enjoyed himself too!
Now, I will try to recapture a few of the highlights of the trip for the faithful blog-readers. Sorry it has taken so long for me to get going, but somehow I just couldn’t write this when we first got back. I missed everyone so much!
When we arrived in Stockholm at Arlanda Airport, we were met by Edit and Tord Jonsson. Edit is my first cousin – my dad’s brother’s daughter, born the same year I was. We struggled to fit all our luggage in their spacious Ford Explorer and struck out for parts West – Norway.
Our chariot for 3 weeks! Tord was our excellent driver over hill and mountain!
Our first stop on the way was to visit a long-time friend and her husband, Ulla-Britt and Erik Mogren, who live in Munkfors, Sweden. They welcomed us warmly and fed us a delicious meal. We would have loved to have stayed longer, but a tight schedule meant we had to drive on.

L to R: Edit, Karen, Ulla-Britt, Erik, Tord and the empty chair is Bill's. A lovely meal in a beautiful setting.
Karen, Erik, Ulla-Britt, Tord and Edit in the garden.


My parents visited the Mogrens a number of years ago and my Dad liked their sundial so well he brought one home for the cabin.
We went on to Karlstad where we stayed our first night. Karlstad is a beautiful city.

A lovely morning scene in downtown Karlstad.
In the morning, we hurried on to Stromstad as we had reservations on the car ferry there to Norway - where we will pick up this narrative in the next posting.
~ Stay tuned. Karen
No comments:
Post a Comment