
So the in house Meteorologist told me today that the average temp for may is 101f. That is averaged day and night combined. Ok.
The sun is so hot that if you walk close to the concrete bunkers, even just before the sun comes up, you can feel the heat radiating off them. You avoid touching objects that have been in the sun because they will all burn you. If you walk on the tarmack, you can feel the heat flooding through your boots. The breeze feels just like when you open the oven door, except without the pizza smell.
For some strange reason, birds showed up. Out of nowhere. There wasn't any life here, and then, birds and moths. I wonder how far they flew to get here. I am usually out side all morning and retreat to the shade as it gets hot. That gives me a lot of time to listen to my feathered friends wake up. When I used to work at the hardware store, my co-workers would joke about me feeding the pigeons on my windowsills. It took till a few years later that someone pointed out that the Seasame Street Bert had something to do with pigeons. Something about paper clips too I guess. Anyway, the sound of the birds signing punctuates the heretofor lack of wildlife to the extent that it generates frequent comments from seemingly random bypassers. It is, along with the opressive heat, the solitary signal of seasonal change. As soon as I can aquire(read steal) a single, uncooked egg from the chow hall, I will attempt to fry it on the roof of the TOC. I expect less than smashing sucess in which case this is may be the last you will hear of my cullinary capers. Also if that is the case, "you never heard nothing and don't know anything about any eggs.". I hope my fine feathered, aviary friends aren't miffed at my attempts of saute`ing poultry ova.
Blake sent me this link recently. link
Don't ever think that the earth is a static, unchanging place.
Kelly Watson sent me this link recently.
link
Don't ever think that Katie Watson is a static, unchanging person. Kelly assures me that Katie is wearing a wig. I am holding out judgement.
Elsewise, things have been going smooth-ish. I hope you will all join me online tomorrow morning for another chat.
Lots of love and brain boiling heat,
-Bert

6 comments:
I know online quizes are dorky. Evidently I am most like Ironman (inventor, businessman, genius). See who you are and post your results on the blog.
http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/superhero/
As a side note, I realized today that it takes 51 digits to dial rachel's cell phone from here.
That is 16 digits more than is necessary to compute a 30 billion light year diameter universe to within the accuracy of a single atom using Pi.
Todd, with the way the universe has been expanding lately, its not a bad idea to memorize a few more, just in case.
http://www.verbose.net/Pi.html#51
You are a very funny dude - calculating the expanse of the universe in terms of your wife's phone number! You used to beg for "harder" problems from the back seat as a kiddo. I have to say it's not easy to make up math problems. And you could always figure them out! I'm glad you find them all around you - you can never be bored that way!
The photos are cool. (sorry - my favorite expletive lately.) And yes, you guys are a mottley crew. And very hard to see with only your faces and hands showing.
I'll try the quiz soon. We just got back from the cabin. It was gorgeous up there this weekend. Got lots done, too. A group of fishmen have it rented next weekend for fishing opener. They've been there before.
Hugs and love,
Mom
Is that a jelly doughnut in your foot locker?
I didn't understand the relevance of the Blake link to Blake. Is he taking the pictures, the guy in the pictures or flying the helicopter? Why is it a Blake link?
Katie is pretty amazing. Does she perform regularly here in town? What else is she doing? What is Kelly doing?
Post a Comment