Well, I finally made it here. It took four days and five planes but I am here and things are ok. We stopped in some wierd places that I definately coudn't point to on a map.
There is a lot of confusion with the leadership during the change of authority so things are pretty hectic. The place here isn't so bad. We are in a giant tent just like at JRTC (ft polk). My bags got separated from me and I haven't recovered all of them yet. My sleep schedule is very, how to say, interupted this past week. I don't have a lot of time to write today but I will write again soon. This whole country smells like shit. The food is terrible. Americans are almost a minority with all of the other coalition forces here. It is definately an experience. I have to run for now but know that I am here and alright, just as soon as I get a nap.

1 comment:
Bert, I am so glad you made it and have begun the solider’s experience. Todd commented that your assessment of the place smelling like shit was totally correct and went on to explain the whole thing about people using their left hand to wipe with. I find it difficult to believe that in the year 2006 there are people that use their left hand as toilet paper instead of some foliage, but again Todd corrected me and reading your description of the landscape there seems to be no foliage to be found. On a different less odorous note, Dad you are the last person I thought would be giving spelling lessons, o mighty king of “how do you spell _____?” -Luv T
Post a Comment