We had a little bit of a scary night last night. We took fire from outside the wire. Noone got hurt and it was "contained" but it is a little hard to concentrate on work with that in the back of your mind. Our shop has already sent four people on missions outside the wire and two are going back out for several months. They are the two most experienced in the unit but they wont be back til late summer.
We are working with many of the foreign armys. As far as supported troops, the americans are about 20%. That was a big suprise to me. The brits/canucks/dutch/aussies all use just first names. They also grow beards and long hair and wear only half a uniform at a time. They are mostly good guys who really appreciate our help. I only have a few more minutes to write so I am going to move on to my other notes. Till later y'all. Oh and sell the BMW already dad.
Lots of love and staying safe
-Bert

1 comment:
Whoa.. Does "fire" constitute bullets, or larger things? Thats intense, it would be really hard to jump horses being fired upon from outside the ring fence! Can you imagine? Thats cool that the other countries dudes are good to you guys, it would be a major pain in the ass if they weren't. What was that issue you mentioned about your "people" being difficult with you? Is it just stress and fast-paced pressure causing a falter in self control or what? How many people that you have previously worked with are there with you? Is the food still sucking or are you getting used to it. Oh and, do they just pile the garbage/sewage some distance from the dwellings, so the smell blows that way, or what do they do with it?
I am going to Karen's barn tomorrow to try a new horse they got, and jump it around for her. It's cool because her farm is only an hour from Ocala, so I am going to show my horses to potential buyers in the morning, cruise over there, ride a few Grand Prix horses, and be back for dinner.
I hope we can all figure out some cool family trip for when you have leave during summer. I love you, Bert, and I hope you are getting to experience things you will never forget. We miss you, and keep being safe!!
Post a Comment