The Hubble is getting what is likely its last repairs and the Europeans are launching an even bigger space telescope. Our astronauts are hanging out in the space station watching a bootlegged copy of the new Star Trek film. Its been 70 years since Asimov invented space and 35 years since Steve Miller invented the space cowboy and rocket ships are still as cool as ever.
Its ok to look directly at the sun if its this picture. Peek really closely in the bottom left, you can see the shuttle docking with the international space station. Click to zoom in.

This is the Suez and Cairo. Red sea on the bottom and the Mediterranean on top.
3 comments:
My comments probably get boring, but geez, this really is cool!
hi, I liked the whole history of the computer bit. I just opened an abacus that Mariette sent to the kids, they find great thrill in using it as a musical instrument, and I got to tease Rachel cause she forgot what it was called, but all in all its the first one I have owned and since I also own a ipod I am the the alpha and omega of the human races technology! Are you for real about the tiny dot on the sun being the shuttle docking? or is that what I see because you told me that is what I'd see?
hi, I liked the whole history of the computer bit. I just opened an abacus that Mariette sent to the kids, they find great thrill in using it as a musical instrument, and I got to tease Rachel cause she forgot what it was called, but all in all its the first one I have owned and since I also own a ipod I am the the alpha and omega of the human races technology! Are you for real about the tiny dot on the sun being the shuttle docking? or is that what I see because you told me that is what I'd see?
Post a Comment