
I thought this was a good picture. The two fatbodies in the forground are highly paid underworked American Haliburton contractors. They are enjoying their fried grease burgers while wathcing a international match between the Romanians and the Dutch. Leave it to the Europeans to go out and play soccer when there are french fries and burgers to be eaten.
As per mom's non questions. I went to the HajiMart with Sgt Byrd and SSG Dye. We drove to the airfield gate and then walked the rest of the way. There is a cordoned walkway of sorts with constantina wire on either side to funnel people to the gate. You pass by two Romanian guards in armored personnel carriers with .50 cal machine guns looking for carbombers.
I changed shifts again. Now I am workin 0600Z to 1800Z. Hopefully this means that I will only work 12 hours a day.
Also I think that my leave dates will be 20 DEC - 10 Jan or there abouts. I am 85% confident that leave will be in December though. Even if I can give an excact date when I leave here, I could end up getting stuck somewhere along the way as it did take me almost a week to get here.
Lots of love and a little social comentary from...
-Bert

No comments:
Post a Comment