Hello, Everybody!
All the posts lately have been terrific. Great photos, Bert and Tania. Good politics, The Dad. (Yes, I read it! Actually, Bill and I heard him speak and he told a few of the same jokes - still funny the second time!) You'll have to give us an update on the smoking oven, Rachel. I'm sure it turned out terrific but we'd love to hear all about it!
Bill and I went up to the cabin for a gorgeous Easter weekend. Daisy Bay was 7/8 covered with ice with a bit of open water and puddles on the ice on Friday evening. Saturday it went down to big chunks with a lot of water in between. On Sunday it was just slush on about 1/3 and by the time we left at 4:30 pm, there was no ice at all! (Don't get me started about a tipping point for warming!) Anyway, if you listened carefully you could hear the 'slushy' ice sound as if you had an Icee at the theater and swirled the cup around. It's not a tinkling sound like when the lake is freezing and little pieces float around when it's windy. This was definitely a spring lake sound.
The new nextdoor neighbor to the East cut down a tree - a BIRCH no less! - on our property down by the old cement tv dish pad. Then they cut it up all nice for their firepit and stacked it up across the path we used to use to go to Sally's by the water's edge. So! I have a phone call to make! Argh! If there's anything I hate it's someone who messes with my birch trees! ARGH!
ANNOUNCING! The 2nd Annual Engstrom/Anderson family gathering is on for Labor Day week/weekend at the cabin. Any Anderson/Engstrom/Lunde/Allan is welome! Bert will be there in spirit and hopefully everyone else will be there corporeally! :)
Bert, keep them cards and letters coming - tell us more about what you're doing, who's messing with you and who you're messing with, and all what you see and hear!
Hugs and love,
Mom

1 comment:
You're not fooling anybody by putting your postings up twice.
Post a Comment