
It is a few hours before sunrise and the apaches are circling over the base. I didn't hear any explosions this morning but tonight is a zero illumination night and with "safety day" and all the only reason they have to fly is chasing after someone. Jefferson woke me up saying to get dressed and ready because we are on standby. Standby for what I don't know. It is hard to not get complacent because that seems to be the prevailing attitude around here. I am feeling a little bit better since yesterday but I have a feeling that today is going to be a long day.

1 comment:
Evendentally there was a coordinated attack on several of our guard posts. Nothing more than small arms fire and no one on either side of the wire got hurt. I don't really have a good idea of how that happens either but I think it has to do with the Romanian guards hiding in the bunkers instead of shooting from the towers. Just speculation, the towers are a better place to shoot from.
When the American forces are involved in responding to TIC(troops in contact)we usually direct everything that can possibly get there in time to converge on the objective and stike with every means available until the situation is resolved. The other night was a good example. The retalitory strike probably changed the topography enough to necessatate new maps, not to mention the dozens of earthquakes and tsunamis triggered by all of the munitions. Just kidding but you get the idea. The Romanians, they don't get the idea. Also the Canadians seem about as polite in warfare as they are in giving directions to lost tourists. The ANA tend to knock on doors before they kick them in, maybe as a courtesy thing I don't know why. We usually blow a hole in the wall and bypass the whole door thing alltogether.
Also some dumbass requested that our Apache goes out to scout the mortar site... uh how 'bout responding to the attack that is happening now not the one from yesterday. You heard right, the gunships were ordered to the wrong location. We knew it, they knew it, now you know it.
Its pretty frusterating knowing that garbage like that happens. That gunship is such a powerful weapon but it is guided by less than powerful intelect.
I have probably spilled more beans than the intel guys would like, espescially since this is a public blog, but what happened has already happened. In case you were wondering I am sometimes intentionally vague for reasons of OpSec(operational security). Whhoooooo. It isn't that I am a dunce or not paying attention.
Anyway, back to the daily grind.
Post a Comment