Well I finally got moved into my permanent hooch. It is a converted Cargo container so I have real steel walls and everything. Now when it rains the floor won't flood with two inches of mud.
I was up late moving all my crap so I still haven't "moved in". hopefully I will have some extra time today to do that. I have a wall locker and a little nightstand. I brought some plastic shelves with basket drawers from home which allows me to keep everything organized and off the floor. The person who had my room before left a mini-fridge and left it fully stocked with o'doules and sparkling grape juice. That may be a little telling about the former resident and what he misses about home.
My roommates are all from the TOC. Andy and two others. Andy works nights and everyone else works days. One of the roomates, Cuellar, is next to go to Qalat. He will be gone for a few weeks. He deployed with sgt K last time. I am writting very brief sentences today. I lucked out with the guys I am livin with because they are all very respectfull and easy to get along with.
I also got to get at my footlocker. It was like christmas because I had forgotten what I had packed(back in Nov).
By the way mom, SF stands for Special Forces and I did wrestle the package from the mail clerk. The nutrolls survived the climate extremes well. There are reese cups at the PX but that is about the only sweet food here. Hard candy or gum would be great because I have had enough oversalted potatoes for a while. Its just salty food and water to drink. By the way I haven't had any caffine since I have been here. I do drink the Haaji 7up. Haaji 7up is the exact drink that willy wonka invented to never go flat. it will stay carbonated for days after you open it.
Please mail CDs with photo libraries. I really enjoy seeing new photos in emails (thanks Dave). But they are very slow (but worth it) to download. If you could mail some photo discs that would be cool. mom, I don't use serrated knives. If the five hone one really looks better and worth the money then whatever is clever will do.
BTW an army aviator named Lieutenant Thomas Selfridge was the first person to die in a plane crash. Orville Wright was the pilot at the time. That goes to show that innovators and the military are a potentially dangerous combo. Food for thought.
I am sick of sitting in this crappy chair so I am going to go do something else.
Lots of love and improving accomodations
-Bert

No comments:
Post a Comment