

Okay, Brethren, here is my new favorite man. His name is Redmond, and the photos don't really do him justice, except the one of him sticking his tongue out at the camera. For some reason he doesn't look as big in these pics as he really is, but you can see his withers are over my head. He is a character, everything must pass through his lips if it is to be accepted. He squeals when I pat him, he celebrates when he knows he jumped a great fence, and he protests severely if he so much as touches a rail. Half the time in the schooling ring when I am trying to go about my business cantering around and warming up, he is bucking 4 feet in the air, and EVERYONE stops to look when this horse jumps a jump. Today at the show I had whiplash from landing over an oxer that he jumped twice the height it was. It was about 4'6", and in midair, the tops of the standards looked faaaaaaar, far below... Keren said someone watching nearby said "Jesus, how does she stay on that thing?!" So he is super cool, and even more talented, I will get video soon, or at least a picture of him all dressed up in his fancy gear. I walked into the Grand Prix ring to flat him today, and the jumps didn't look so big after all :) Tomorrow is my first competition with him, the plan is to go easy and smooth, try to not get launched into orbit, and just get comfortable to move up to the bigger jumps. I'll let you know!!
Love you all, Britta

1 comment:
Nice horse. Who owns it? I assume you are going to sell it for someone?
I'll be careful to come down when you're home.
Later.
Love, the dad
Post a Comment