I was just thinking how nice it is to be able to communicate with you, Bert, in real time. Thinking back to 1966 when family were reading letters written a month before. Probably not something the youngsters on this blogg give much thought to. That was 40 years ago. Just about the time they were inventing the internal combustion engine.
I got an 8 a.m phone appointment, then off to the club for a little exercise. Then I'm meeting my real estate agent to look at a house and 3 townhouses. I have to buy a place within the next couple weeks.
My next package was going to be magazines, so I'll get those off today.
How do they get close enough to launch mortars? I thought you had visibility out for several miles? In the old days, the infantry were perpetually patrolling outside the perimeter. Do they do that? Or, is that done by helicopters? Anyway, remember my main advice - don't get complacent! Never, ever get complacent. Oh, I have one more piece of advice - never get complacent. That about covers it.
Your Mom and I and another guy go to Detroit Fri., come back about 6 p.m. Sat. It's be an interesting trip. We meeting with a guy who claims to be the world's best website optimizer. He's a little squirrely tho.
Bert, take more pictures of the base. I found those interesting. Take pictures of the buildings, vehicles, and some of your friends.
I got place to go, people to see, things to do.
Later.
Love Dad

No comments:
Post a Comment