
Well I have learned enough Pashtu to decipher the meaning of these two products. The recipies are very different from the American versions. I thought it would be cool for you guys to see some daily stuff so for the next few posts I will be putting in some "walking around" photos.
Of course I am trying to keep my caffine intake to a minimum (with the exception of the chocolate that is in reeses). So here is the "imported", caffine free beverage of choice for the 45 mins I take to relax on a friday night...

Here is me on the trip over. This image was taken in aboard a c-17 in Turkmenistan...
Lots of love and lots more photos to come
-Bert

1 comment:
Hello 10th Mtn.
It's kind of fortuitous that you're in such a mountainous country. Are the Afghani mountains snowcapped? I presume they are as barren as the rest of the country.
The beverage cans were wild. Can you read any in Afghanistani or even recognize the letters? A long time ago I learned a little Greek and I know just recognizing the letters in a foreign alphabet was a task in itself.
Was that an ODoul's you're drinking in that one photo? I look forward to seeing more photos.
Is your roommate out and about yet?
I've got a bunch of stuff that I'll be sending you tomorrow. So keep your eye out for the package. Did you see the 'Where's George? dollar bill'? What are you going to do with it? Spend it in the market perhaps? Be sure to look it up online and log in where you got it before you spend it or pass it on. Both Bill and I have been to Las Vegas and meant to take it there. But your destination was much wilder.
Snow is melting like crazy. Winter has turned the corner and the robins have returned. It's weird that they migrate in flocks but are territorial othewise.
Ramble, ramble, ramble.
I'll ramble on out of here. Take care.
Hugs and Love,
Mom
Post a Comment