Unfortunately, Britta, there is no oil over here. You must be thinking of some other war. But we do have opium and I will make sure to secure our supplies for that. The hellman province (right next door) grows more opium than everywhere else on earth combined. We fly there every day. It is within 50 miles of here. The export this year is expected to be several thousand TONS of pure heroine!
Andy still won't leave the room and really is sucking the life out of me when I am not at work. What a little bastard. He needs to be sent back to work.
Todd, I am ok on the glasses part. The SF guys hooked me up with a few pairs of Oakley's for getting them on a flight that they needed. The SF guys bring redbulls and food and other misc. bribary by our office all the time. I guess that is thier MO. The infantry just show up. With like four hundred dudes. That is definately thier MO.
I think that I am going to go out to the bazaar later on today. Anybody need a chinese black market Folex watch? well let me know if you do.
I started to read Richard Feynman's "the meaning of it all" last night. It is a pretty good book. I was laying on my cot and Sgt K appeared at my door. I invited him to sit down and we started to have a talk. He asked about what I was reading. I asked him about what he reads and he affirmed that he has only read five books in his life. He also said "...and they all have the word God in the title, except the bible." He then asked me why I was laughing so hard.
As it turns out Sgt K is an excelent guitarist and loves photography. I asked him if he would read any poetry while he was here. He said if he wanted poems he would write his own damn it. I asked if he ever listened to someone elses music or looked at someone elses photography. He didn't like where that line of thought was going to end up so he went back to his room to play more Xbox.
Today at work I had to pull Andy's load all by myself because I am the only one who knows how to do it. Now everyone gives work to me and is thinks "Anderson, I guess he'll have to do because he is the only one who hasn't been busted yet." Not really how I wanted to get into that job.
I should get back to work because nobody knows where I am at right now.
Could I get a few pairs of paramedic's shears in my next package. I don't think that they cost any more than a few dollars and I end up cutting alot of stuff in a day and sometimes scissors would be handy. They need to be able to be carried in a pocket or on a belt, i.e. no sharp points. and a shaving kit bag and a bar-soap holder box thingy would be pretty useful too(ziplocks suck)
Anywho, back to the grind.
Lots of love but no place to put my soap
-Bert

1 comment:
Good Morning! It's really weird to say how was your Sunday when ours is just beginning! But anyway, hope your Sunday visit to the bazaar was interesting and that we'll hear all about it. No real Folex for me, thank you - or a fake Rolex either. :)
To coordinate with the others who are sending you packages --- I'll send the scissors and shaving kit stuff, guys. I have a box half full and needed to find the 'right' stuff to fill it up. [Your sharpener is coming!] I guess you'll let us know when you're running low on candy, eh, Bert?
How can you do two guys work and still have time to read all that technical stuff you were telling me that you should read every day?
MN just had a National Guard unit head out to Iraq so that was all in the papers. Is there any relating to what's going on there? Not worded well, but you get what I mean, I'm sure.
So, why didn't you go on FOB? BTW, where's Hill? Here I am asking lots of questions again. Sorry!
This is the final weekend for the renters so hopefully next weekend we can go up north. I've missed it but I've been so busy it wouldn't have been possible anyway.
Hi, Blake. Thanks for translating!
Going to have our Sunday morning coffee and ...
Bill says hi and like Blake he reads everything but doesn't say much.
Hugs and love,
Mom
Post a Comment